blacksmith : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a smith who forges and shapes iron with a hammer and anvil
- He is an unlikely firebrand: the soft-spoken son of a blacksmith who still sometimes drives a 30-year-old Peugeot.
- In the smoky blacksmith shop of Hugh McMahan at Newport, Tenn.
- Chouinard--who is small and tightly built, with the forearms of the blacksmith he once was--wears green canvas sneakers with holes, a pair of yellowed sweat socks, denim shorts, a .
News & Articles
- Briggs-McDermott campus open at Sandwich Road, Bourne village
The Briggs-McDermott House, Alonzo Booth Blacksmith Shop, and Alan Green Carriage House are now open to the public at no charge through Sept. 7 from 1 to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays and Saturdays along Sandwich Road, Bourne village..
June 18, 2013 - The Bourne Courier
- Make your Father's Day plans now: 10 places to bring dad Sunday
(l)Treat Dad to a fun-filled day of history on Father’s Day, June 16, featuring a lecture by John Nagy, author of Spies in the Continental Capital, Rebellion in the Ranks, Invisible Ink and a lecture by Brandywine volunteer Ralph Denlinger on the true story of the Brandywine flag. Also meet Ned Hector, Ben the Blacksmith and other interpreters, take a tour of Washington's Headquarters and see an ...
June 15, 2013 - Ridley Town Talk
- Why I Love Having A 'Portfolio Career' (And You Could, Too)
There was a time that folks held one job for their entire lives. They specialized: If you were a blacksmith or a nurse or an auto assembly line worker or an accountant, that worked?for years. But as our creative (read: flexible yet less dependable) economy has developed, so have a lot of us. We?ve become free agents forging our own "portfolio career," as writers and actors have always done. We ...
June 14, 2013 - Forbes
- Ian Millar in Toronto Star
The big challenge is, and continues to be, the evolution in choice of horses, veterinary care, blacksmith care, conditioning, every aspect of the sport and what riders and trainers all can do,Millar said.
- Bobby Frankel in San Gabriel Valley Tribune
The quarter crack is in his right front, on the outside,said Frankel, owner, breeder and trainer of the son of Mizzen Mast. "It's a small one; you could even say it is tiny. My blacksmith wanted to put a patch on it, but I told him I...
- Talib Kweli in SOHH
The Reflection Eternal project is a go, I've been spending a lot of time in [Cincinnati] at Hi Tek's studio,Kweli told Kevin Nottingham. "We are trying to have that out before the summer on Blacksmith/Warner Brothers. Hi Tek got some heat,...