- n the act of excluding someone by a negative vote or veto
- v expel from a community or group
- v vote against; refuse to endorse; refuse to assent
- Early this year he allegedly threatened to blackball the impoverished Oklahoma tribes with the Clinton Administration if they didn't hire him to help try to reclaim some 7,500 .
- It was not the final blackball, but it was the closest thing to it.
- Such a blackball would put heavy pressure on General Dynamics to fire the men, since 94% of the company's business comes from Pentagon projects, including the Trident submarine .
News & Articles
- Republicans want NBC, CNN to pull Clinton programs
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Republican National Committee charged Monday that NBC and CNN are promoting a potential presidential candidacy by Hillary Rodham Clinton, threatening to blackball them from future GOP primary debates if they air upcoming programs on the former secretary of state.
Aug. 5, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- RNC threatens to blackball NBC, CNN if networks don't scratch Hillary Clinton TV films
AFP/Getty ImagesThe Republican National Committee wants NBC and CNN to cancel upcoming programs on Hillary Rodham Clinton and is threatening to blackball the networks from future Republican presidential debates if they fail to comply. WASHINGTON — The Republican National Committee wants NBC and CNN to cancel upcoming programs on Hillary...
Aug. 5, 2013 - New York Post
- GOP to blackball NBC, CNN over Clinton programming
The Republican National Committee wants NBC and CNN to cancel upcoming programs on Hillary Rodham Clinton and is threatening to blackball the networks from future Republican presidential debates if they fail to comply.
Aug. 5, 2013 - KTHV Little Rock
- AJ Hawk in OSU - The Lantern
When the scientists whose work is the bedrock for our global warming policy use words like 'travesty' and 'trick' to describe their actions, and banter about how they'll blackball professional journals and delete evidence, it's time to slow down... Joe Barton http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Barton&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGmdfpq-zjgIpAsuJROjL--jffs0Q Human Events (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.humanevents.com/article.php%3Fid%3D34735&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNELTFR1Cl_qPf6SX86eQ1wpjGSRuA Dec 8, 2009
10430 14681 blackball When things like this happen, it's not like we blackball them and say 'oh, you can't come back,'" senior linebacker AJ Hawk said. "Everyone makes mistakes. We don't judge people."
- Mike Vanderjagt in Globe and Mail
I don't know for what reason I would be blackballed,Vanderjagt said. "If we're going to blackball someone for being outspoken, we've got issues. I've never been arrested, never done [driving under the influence], never hit my wife."