- n any of various naturally occurring impure mixtures of hydrocarbons
- The idea of filling the 60,000-seat home of the Toronto Blue Jays (now called Rogers Centre) with sticky, bitumen-laced soil from the Aurora North mine in a weekend is mind-boggling.
- But the Persians, James told PTI, "prepared a nasty surprise," pumping lethal fumes from a brazier burning sulfur crystals and bitumen, a tarlike substance, with bellows into the .
- With that, the laborious process of drawing viscous bitumen out of Alberta's oil sands became ever more viable.
News & Articles
- Strata Oil Provides Regional Update Re Bitumen Production
Strata Oil & Gas Inc. , today released a regional update on bitumen production in the Peace River and nearby Athabasca regions of Alberta. Strata Oil recently completed a resource evaluation on both its ...
June 11, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Potentially 'catastrophic' changes underway in Canada's northern Mackenzie River Basin
Canada's Mackenzie River basin -- among the world's most important major ecosystems -- is poorly studied, inadequately monitored, and at serious risk due to climate change and resource exploitation, a panel of international scientists warn. Largest single threat to the Basin: a potential breach in the tailings ponds at one of the large oil sands sites mining surface bitumen. A breach in winter ...
June 10, 2013 - Science Daily
- Ed Stelmach in 680 News
I know we can't add value to every ton of bitumen, but we can certainly improve that,Ed Stelmach said Monday in his first news conference since his upset victory to become Conservative leader and premier of Canada's richest province.
- Russell Ingall in Sydney Morning Herald
Alberta is responsible for the natural resource bitumen. It belongs to the people of the province and if there is a policy that the federal government is proposing that is going to impact on the sale of that then we are certainly going to be... Ron Stevens http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Stevens&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG5P6nZ-AC5rp5_jYSOnYLXp8ZTEg Edmonton Sun http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Alberta/2008/09/26/6897656.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHUovPhrKQfqJMPVHxO4q-N9qfMUw Sep 26, 2008
10377 14435 bitumen It's unbelievably slippery, it's like going around in the wet half the time. You can tell it's the last round here," Ingall said. "It's pretty rugged : it's going to get worse during the race. Bits of bitumen are getting dug up where the...