- n alcoholic liquor flavored with bitter herbs and roots
- n English term for a dry sharp-tasting ale with strong flavor of hops (usually on draft)
- n the taste experience when quinine or coffee is taken into the mouth
- n the property of having a harsh unpleasant taste
- v make bitter
- Burning For a Lafitte's Cloud, Boudreau tops rum with a coconut foam brled with a mixture of rum and Angostura bitters.
- Just like in the 1920s (the bar's era of inspiration), bartenders hand-make cocktail mixers, including the tonic water, bitters and fresh-squeezed juice.
- If Father Wolfit is the cakes and ale of the play, Mother Rhodes is its gin and bitters.
News & Articles
- SPOTTED: Chupacabra sighting in San Antonio city limits on Bitters
SAN ANTONIO -- Margaux Huckabay said her brother spotted the legendary chupacabra on Bitters. "At first he thought it was a coyote," said Huckabay. "It definitely looks weird." Her brother quickly grabbed his phone and started recording the animal as it tried to scurry away it glanced back at the camera. "It has a really long nose and a really long tail," Huckabay said. She couldn't believe it ...
June 21, 2013 - KENS 5 San Antonio
- U in talks to partner with Teach for America
By: Janice Bitters The University of Minnesota is currently in talks with Teach for America about a potential partnership, according to a written statement released Thursday by Jean Quam, dean of the College of Education and Human Development. CEHD faculty members and administrators have discussed “in depth” the possibility of partnering with TFA, according to Quam’s statement. “We expect to ...
June 20, 2013 - The Minnesota Daily
- Craft bitters join bartenders' list of essentials
Like a chef's finishing touch of fleur de sel, a classic cocktail always tastes better with bitters. It doesn't take much, just a few dashes of these old-time elixirs to elevate the aromatics and enhance the flavors of your favorite adult libation.
June 18, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Rob Schneider in PR-Inside.com
Schneider writes, "It is true that you gave me a DVD copy of Strange Bedfellows but I must confess I've never watched it, as it is not on the same format as I have and it makes quite a nice drinks coaster for my 'Victoria's Bitters (sic)'. I know...
- Simon Schama in Ottawa Citizen
There was nothing more to be done,writes British historian Simon Schama in Rough Crossings. "Washington pulled out his watch, 'and observing it was dinner time, offered Wines and Bitters.'"
- Kim Mitchell in Toronto Star
I like bourbon, not rye, and I don't like the (Angostura bitters),says Mitchell with a smile.