biophysicist : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a physicist who applies the methods of physics to biology
- Eugene Rabinowitch, 72, Russian-born biophysicist who, as a senior member of the Manhattan Project during World War II, helped develop the first atomic bomb, then spent the next 27 .
- The same anxiety powers CBS's new science-driven cop show Eleventh Hour, in which a government biophysicist (Rufus Sewell) investigates cases of bioscience run amok.
- American biochemist and geneticist James Watson, left, and British biophysicist Francis Crick decipher the structure of DNA, the molecule that carries the genetic code.
News & Articles
- Berlin-based startup buliding LabFolder to help scientists document experiments
Three former researchers are now aiming for one lofty goal: to build the "Evernote for researchers." Simon Bungers is a molecular biologist, Florian Hauer is a biophysicist, and Mathias Schäffner is a software architect. Together, they developed Labfolder, a digital tool for documenting and planning experiments. In summer 2012, the startup, which was founded in […]
Oct. 18, 2013 - MedCity News
- Luca Turin in Independent
I don't consider myself a particularly olfactory person,says Turin simply, "but perfumes speak to me. I'm a scientist, a biophysicist, and did work on the mechanism of smell. My comfort zone is intense nerdiness."