billingsgate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n foul-mouthed or obscene abuse
- Reinhold Aman is the name in pejoration, not to mention invective, vituperation, obloquy, opprobrium, objurgation, abusive epithets and billingsgate.
- From detractors, he prompted unprintable epithets and paroxysms of billingsgate.
- In a speech to Parliament, he used, for Nehru, harsh words in reply to the weeks of billingsgate that have poured from Peking's press and radio.
- Alexander McQueen in Independent
Blow supported both Treacy and McQueen (McQueen described her as "a cross between a Billingsgate fishwife and Lucretia Borgia") early in their respective careers, putting them up in her flat in Elizabeth Street, Pimlico.