bikers : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n originally a British youth subculture that evolved out of the teddy boys in the 1960s; wore black leather jackets and jeans and boots; had greased hair and rode motorcycles and listened to rock'n'roll; were largely unskilled manual laborers
- Most of the bikers surrendered quietly, but in Connecticut a state trooper was shot in the hip by a suspect.
- They say the bikers and car tried to slow but collided, scattering bikes across the pavement.
- More and more bikers are demanding their share of the American street and road.
News & Articles
- Novato horse riders thrown, injured, after run-in with illegal mountain bikers on trail
Marin authorities are trying to identify two young mountain bikers who illegally whipped down a rural Novato trail, causing two women to be thrown from their horses and injuring a horse that fled in a panic.
June 22, 2013 - Marin Independent Journal
- Bikers for Brooke motorcycle run and family barbecue to aid Brooke Healey Saturday
Join the Bikers for Brooke Motorcycle Run in New Providence on Saturday. No motorcycle? No problem, come to the after party from 2 to 7 p.m. at Mt. Carmel Hall, Berkeley Heights. The ride and party benefit four-year-old Brooke Healey who has an inoperable tumor.
June 21, 2013 - Independent Press
- Johnstown welcoming bikers for Thunder in the Valley
It's one of the most anticipated times of the year for bikers: Thunder in the Valley. Bikers from all over putting their bikes in gear, cruising through the streets of Johnstown. Motorcycles lined the streets of downtown Johnstown. There were many different makes, models and sizes, but people here for the same reason: to ride. The rally has been promoted nationally drawing people from all ...
June 21, 2013 - WJAC 6 Johnstown
- Dana Perino in FOXNews
The president occasionally invites mountain bikers to join him for his vigorous rides,White House press secretary Dana Perino said. "He enjoys a good, competitive ride, and everyone who's had a chance to ride with him says they are amongst...
- Doug Holyday in National Post
Councillor Doug Holyday, who is often a critic of city cycling initiatives, said the downtown bike expansion would make sense "if there were thousands of bikers out there, but at this point that's not the case."
- Jessica Lappin in Forbes
For children and seniors, getting hit by a bicycle can be life threatening,Lappin said in a statement. "Businesses have to be responsible for their bikers."