- n having two spouses at the same time
- n the offense of marrying someone while you have a living spouse from whom no valid divorce has occurred
- But the woman who brought the charges -- a friend of the dead starlet -- never testified in court because of a past record of extortion, racketeering and bigamy.
- The last bigamy trial was held in the 1950s, and today an estimated 30,000 to 50,000 people live in polygamous households in Utah.
- It is a common-law union never recorded in church for fear of bigamy charges, but it prospers.
News & Articles
- Married man tried to take another wife, but that's bigamy, deputies say
James C. Ector, of Interlaken, was charged with bigamy.
June 21, 2013 - The Post-Standard
- Charges filed in rare bigamy case
A Franklin County man was arrested on Tuesday after officials say he married a woman when he was still legally married to someone else. Elton Strickland, 39, Franklin 36, Russellville, was arrested on the charge of bigamy, which is a Class C felony.
June 18, 2013 - The Franklin County Times
- Rick Santorum in WorldNetDaily
If the Supreme Court says you have the right to consensual sex within your home,Santorum said at the time, "then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery....
- Greg Abbott in United Press International
It is our belief that these children who are under the age of 17 have engaged in sex with older men, which is a violation of Texas law, which is also a potential violation of the bigamy laws,Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott told CNN.
- Antonin Scalia in FOXNews
Justice Antonin Scalia warned that the ruling would unleash a wave of challenges to state laws against "bigamy, same-sex marriage, adult incest, prostitution, masturbation, adultery, fornication, bestiality, and obscenity."