- v attract; cause to be enamored
- v attract strongly, as if with a magnet
- v cast a spell over someone or something; put a hex on someone or something
- s under a spell
- Ann gets even with Tituba by pretending to be bewitched.
- A pall hangs over the realm of Rohan, where King Theoden (Bernard Hill) has been bewitched by the evil Saruman (Christopher Lee).
- So I'm bewitched by Woody Allen in the sense that I keep hearing this scene from Stardust Memories played out in my real life.
News & Articles
- Envisioning digs of TV, movie characters
Even as a little girl, I was captivated by the homes I saw on TV. I remember puzzling over what was behind the fireplace wall in the Ricardos' apartment on I Love Lucy. I thought the Stephenses' house on Bewitched was the epitome of '60s suburban chic, especially that oven with the pull-up door - even if it did once open to reveal the creepy image of Paul Lynde's talking head in a pot.
July 6, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- The Bradys are hot, the witch is not
The Brady Bunch and the Partridge Family are still hot shows for ABC, but Bewitched is flying off at the bottom of the heap. ABC wanted one more season of the bewitching sitcom, but star Elizabeth Montgomery wanted it to end, so the network moved the show against "All in the Family." Take a look at the rest of the ABC schedule for 1971-1972.
July 2, 2013 - Local 6 Orlando
- Marlo Thomas in Centre Daily Times
Shows like `Bewitched' were a real metaphor for the time. Women had to hide their powers from the world. I finally gave them a copy of `The Feminine Mystique,'Thomas says.
- Nick Lachey in San Diego Union Tribune
Between the two of us, we're doing some acting stuff now, between 'Charmed' and 'Dukes of Hazzard.' I did something for 'Bewitched,' so it's an exciting time in our house to be a thespian,Lachey said.
- Craig Detweiler in BREATHEcast.com
While Hollywood is presenting 'do-overs' like The Dukes of Hazzard and Bewitched, beloved stories from the Christian community that have been around for half a century or more are emerging,explains Detweiler, who is also a screenwriter and...