bethink : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cause oneself to consider something
- v consider or ponder something carefully
- But the head of the French department did not bethink himself in time to procure a bust of Ronsard to be duly "crowned," during the ceremony.
- When a New Englander needs an image for swarming bees he may not bethink him of showered stars, yet sparks from a Fourth of July pinwheel are quite as effective and wholly .
- Yet many readers will bethink themselves of many Cynthias and wonder if it is too late, or just timely, to pass the book along.