- n a narrow ledge or shelf typically at the top or bottom of a slope
- n a narrow edge of land (usually unpaved) along the side of a road
- McCoy bounds into the palm grove, lobs a grenade over a small berm and opens fire on a group of men.
- It goes so far as to defend its blank walls with a forbidding berm, a long, grass-covered concrete rampart.
- Battle tanks followed a channel marked in chemical lights, taking positions on the railway berm to cover 3rd Platoon's advance to Objective Lion, a hunk of two- and three-story .
News & Articles
- High streamflows flood roads, recpaths in Summit County
Special to the Daily Crews work to construct a berm that will help direct water flooding onto Straight Creek Drive from an overflowing stream in Dillon Valley. The issue is causing periodic road closures.
June 10, 2013 - Summit Daily News
- Va. dairy makes changes following manure spill
BERRYVILLE — After a mechanical problem caused a manure spill earlier this year, White Post Dairy instituted a number of changes in its operation — including a berm around a manure pit, more personnel training and reduction of the dairy herd.
June 9, 2013 - Eastern Shore News
- Mayor orders berm built to stop Winona flooding
PEABODY -- With heavy rain predicted, Mayor Ted Bettencourt ordered a berm of soil erected yesterday at the border of a controversial construction site near Winona Street. "I'm going to allow the work to be done to hold back some of the water," he sa
June 8, 2013 - The Salem News
- President Bush in Daily Herald
The enemy is changing tactics, and we're adapting,President Bush said Friday in Washington. "The enemy moves, and we will help the Iraqis move. And so they're building a berm around the city to make it harder for people to come in with...
- Bobby Jindal in Before It's News
Governor Jindal said, "We have reports of oil being actively trapped there on the sand berm over the weekend and today. Again - this proves that this structure works to trap oil. It is very important that this oil is now quickly cleaned up off of...
- St Timothy in US Department of Defense (press release)
I can still see rounds just kicking up all around me,said Staff Sgt. Timothy Nein, who was in the lead vehicle that day. "I throw a grenade up onto the berm. It explodes. I take a couple steps back, begin to run. It's almost a vertical...