- n avitaminosis caused by lack of thiamine (vitamin B1)
- They would roar with glee when their best friends came down with beriberi or were snapped out of dugouts by the giant anacondas.
- He pursued the causes of beriberi, the deficiency disease that attacks the nerves, heart and digestive system.
- One-A-Day and other multivitamin products were originally designed to prevent such centuries-old nutritional deficiencies as scurvy and beriberi.
News & Articles
- Consider supplements according to need
Rickets, scurvy, pellagra, beriberi. These diseases caused by vitamin deficiencies are exceedingly rare in the United States.
June 26, 2013 - Boulder Daily Camera