- n an ethnic minority descended from Berbers and Arabs and living in northern Africa
- n a member of an indigenous people of northern Africa
- n a cluster of related dialects that were once the major language of northern Africa west of Egypt; now spoken mostly in Morocco
- Its diseases were "consumptions, fluxes, fevers, cholera, scurvy, berbers (a kind of paralysis), smallpox, gout, the stone, prickly heat, tetters or worms.
News & Articles
- Drilling in Ecuador, multilingual education in the Philippines and the Berbers
Ecuadorian president Rafael Correa approves oil drilling in the Amazon rainforest. Multilingual education in the Philippines keeps local languages alive in the classroom. Libya's Berbers demand equal rights. [ View the story "Drilling in Ecuador, multilingual education in the Philippines and the Berbers" on Storify ]
Aug. 19, 2013 - WBEZ 91.5 Chicago