- n the material of which belts are made
- v sing loudly and forcefully
- v deliver a blow to
- v fasten with a belt
- Liu does pay obligatory tribute to his nation, but he revels in the limelight, belting out karaoke songs on Chinese TV and even engaging in flirty banter with pretty anchors on air.
- At literary festivals from Adelaide to Edinburgh, Wong, a trained opera singer, has been known to "invoke Whitney Houston," belting out renditions of I Will Always Love You that .
- Brooklyn-based writer and karaoke obsessive Brian Raftery has written a book about his passion for belting out songs in public.
News & Articles
- Kid Gets Hit With Racial Tweets After Singing National Anthem
Singing the national anthem at Game 3 of the NBA Finals was an exciting opportunity for 11-year-old Sebastien De La Cruz. But after belting out the anthem, he found himself a target for many people on Twitter. FOX San Antonio reports one person tweeted, “9 out of 10 chance that kid singing the national anthem is illegal.” Others took issue with Cruz too, saying he is Mexican and shouldn’t be ...
June 13, 2013 - The Oklahoman
- Canon-Mac softball carries baseball-like approach into PIAA final
Some softball teams can be heard blocks away, players belting out organized chants at the top of their lungs.
June 13, 2013 - Observer-Reporter
- Fame Studios And The Road To Nashville Songwriting Glory
Wallace Daniel Pennington grew up singing. His father played guitar and his mother played piano, and by the age of 9, the young man had a guitar of his own. The family attended church on Sunday and Wednesday each week, and to this day, Dan Penn says he remembers the entire Methodist congregation belting out hymns. As his family's only boy, Penn got his own room, and in it was a little green ...
June 12, 2013 - KERA North Texas
- Kevin Rudd in International Herald Tribune
I think I'll take a belting in the opinion polls,Rudd told Nine Network television Sunday.
- Jonathan Toews in Toronto Sun
I don't care that I have the worst voice in the world,said Jonathan Toews, voted onto the tournament all-star team. "I was belting it out as loud as I can."
- Alicia Keys in Sky News
Keys said the contrast worked well: "It's kind of his dark style that I'm able to join into. Then there's my kind of belting, strong, soulful harmonies that blare up - so we were both able to throw our mixes in there and create the gumbo."