- v sing loudly and forcefully
- v deliver a blow to
He belted his opponent
- v fasten with a belt
- a having or provided with a belt
a belted dress
- The belted models are built the same way, but in addition they have two or more rigid belts of fiber glass encircling the tire under the tread.
- One of her first successes was the loose-fitting sweater, which she belted and teamed with a skirt.
- Congress looks at radial tires In June of 1974 the Louis Neal family was driving near Las Vegas when one of their car's Firestone 500 steel-belted radial tires blew,.
News & Articles
- Lakeview remains unbeaten
Brooks Carr belted a home run and a single and Lakeview pitchers combined for a four-hitter and 12 strikeouts in a six-inning 12-2 victory over Salisbury Legion in Hot Stove League baseball Monday at Northern High School.
June 18, 2013 - Cumberland Times-News
- Hops roll to first win, 12-0
Shipley slated for likely debut on the road HILLSBORO — The Hillsboro Hops gave a Hillsboro Ballpark announced crowd of 4,710 a couple of major firsts on Monday night: a first game at the new stadium and the team's first win. The Hops jumped on the winless Eugene Emeralds early and cruised to a 12-0 victory, raising their record to 1-3 as the Ems fell to 0-4. Third baseman Jordan Parr belted a ...
June 18, 2013 - Portland Tribune
- Mets score four in ninth, walk off with dramatic 4-3 win over Cubs
Kirk Nieuwenhuis belted a three-run homer off the facing of the second deck in right field with one out in the ninth inning to lift the Mets to a 4-3 victory over the Chicago Cubs at Citi Field on Sunday.
June 17, 2013 - The Record
- Tony Blair in International Herald Tribune
Thatcher kept saying she was going on and on because people kept asking her,Blair said, "and in the end she got absolutely belted and chucked out."
- Ron Barassi in Melbourne Herald Sun
If you see a woman being belted up, you step in. It's like when a kid is being bashed. It's not right,Barassi said. "I'm OK. I went for my 5km walk today. It'd take more than a prick like that to stop me."
- Kevin Sheedy in The Age
You don't want to be taking too young a side up to Adelaide otherwise you probably would be asking for a bit of trouble,Sheedy said. "We got belted over there (last year) and we don't want to be running over there with too many young...