- n happiness felt in a secure relationship
with his classmates he felt a sense of belonging
- v be owned by; be in the possession of
- v be suitable or acceptable
- v be in the right place or situation
- v be rightly classified in a class or category
- v be a member, adherent, inhabitant, etc. (of a group, organization, or place)
- v be a part or adjunct
- Amongst the things that Barack Obama carries for good luck are a bracelet belonging to a soldier deployed in Iraq, a gamblers lucky chit, a tiny monkey god and a tiny Madonna .
- Tila Tequila at a Beechwood Canyon residence belonging to her publicist, in the Hollywood hills.
- You can't build a society purely on interests, you need a sense of belonging.
News & Articles
- FD?business lost in fire
Most of the building belonging to a Fort Dodge electrical business was severely damaged early Friday morning by a fire that needed multiple agencies to be extinguished. The fire at Bemrich Electric & Telephone Inc., 110 S. 21st S.
June 22, 2013 - The Fort Dodge Messenger
- California man locates birth family after 60 years
California resident Richard Axton sat on the couch in a home belonging to a person who had been a virtual stranger to him until recently, but he was noticeably relaxed, like he was spending an afternoon in his own home.
June 22, 2013 - The Franklin County Times
- Body found in vehicle belonging to Prosser man could be identified next week
Officials expect to be able to identify next week a body found inside a burned car belonging to a mi
June 21, 2013 - Tri-City Herald
- Nouri al-Maliki in Forbes
What is happening is not terrorism, but the result of disagreements and conflict between militias belonging to this side or that,al-Maliki said in televised remarks during a meeting with President Jalal Talabani.
- Paul Sereno in CNN
Everywhere you turned, there were bones belonging to animals that don't live in the desert,said Sereno. "I realized we were in the green Sahara."
- A Michael Spence in Sydney Morning Herald
In the August 2007 edition of the Cowley Chronicle, Spence told his parishioners: "Like it or not, we are all in this together. When St Peter writes of ': a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God', he is not...