- s having or showing a ready disposition to fight
bellicose young officers
- Prone to bellicose rhetoric (last year he publicly called President Bush, in Spanish, an "ahole"), Chvez is a survivor: he outlasted a recall referendum last year, a general .
- While Obama moves elegantly through the Middle East, the pillars of McCain's bellicose regional policy are collapsing.
- Falwell's bellicose entry into the South Africa tangle produced an unholy uproar.
News & Articles
- Ethiopia dismisses Egypt's "psychological warfare" on dam
By Aaron Maasho ADDIS ABABA (Reuters) - Ethiopia dismissed Egyptian talk of military action against a giant dam it is building on the Nile as "psychological warfare", and said on Tuesday it would defend itself and carry on with the work regardless. Bellicose rhetoric between two of Africa's most populous and fastest-growing nations has raised fears of conflict over water, though both sides are ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- China tightening trade with North Korea
Beijing may be slowing the influx of North Korean workers across the country's border as a way to signal its frustration with Pyongyang's bellicose talk and nuclear tests, experts say. TUMEN, China — In a concrete building on the northern edge of this city across the border from North Korea, young pony-tailed women wearing hoodies sew sportswear.
June 8, 2013 - Los Angeles Times