- n trousers with legs that flare; worn by sailors; absurdly wide hems were fashionable in the 1960s
- Set in the 1970s, Black Hole uses the tropes of that decade's best horror movies -- bell-bottoms, sex, monsters, drug use and murder -- and twists them in unexpected ways to explore .
- Are the construction workers wearing bell-bottoms? The commenter continued, "My ex-husband flew in from Florida and said, 'That mall can be seen from space.
- On a rainy night in front of a Tokyo train station, a 27-year-old fellow approaches me wearing sunglasses, bell-bottoms and clunky sneakers.
News & Articles
- Friday Night Fever
For those who lived through the 1970s disco era, the bell-bottoms and polyester are just a sweet memory away. But for those who missed the flashy funk decade, it’s only movies like Saturday Night Fever and old KC and the Sunshine Band vinyl platters that can hint at what was.
June 19, 2013 - Syracuse New Times
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Washington Post
Who knows why Hillary described herself wearing "a pair of dirty denim bell-bottoms, a never-ironed work shirt and a beautiful purple felt hat with a purple polka-dotted scarf streaming off it" or what she meant when she called herself a...
- Ron Dellums in San Francisco Chronicle
In a Chronicle interview just before he left Congress in 1997, Dellums recalled how he came to Congress in 1971 "with a big Afro and bell-bottoms ...... ready to kick the door down. But one thing this institution taught me early on was the lessons...
- Orel Hershiser in ESPN
I can't even believe it,Hershiser said. "That just shows you how powerful culture and peer pressure are. What was I thinking? But it's the same when you see pictures of yourself in bell-bottoms and hair with no gel -- back then, you were...