- n space by the side of a bed (especially the bed of a sick or dying person)
the doctor stood at her bedside
- The hospital patient who complains that the water in his bedside carafe is not fit to drink is usually right, reports the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Chivian is a highly trained scientist who tells stories like a teacher with the bedside manner of the general-practice physician he used to be.
- It's the kind of news that's been known to cause shortness of breath, sudden cardiac arrest, revolvers pulled from bedside drawers.
News & Articles
- GO ASK ALICE: Actively searching for the missing Link
It happened again this morning. Just feet from the door to the gym, I reached down and felt for it along my waistline, and it wasn’t there. My ActiveLink activity monitor was lying inactively on my bedside table next to the clock radio and two summer reads I’ve been meaning to read since, well, last summer. I weighed my options quickly. Walk back to the car, drive back home, clip the activity ...
June 11, 2013 - Bridgewater Independent
- Compassion In Healthcare: Improving Bedside Manner
HIPPOCRATIC THOUGHT ON BEDSIDE MANNER: Physicians' manners, dress, bearing, deportment, and conduct were vital and necessary elements of patient care, a tradition that extended from the earliest shamans to the emergence of scientific medicine. The Hippocratic corpus has many references to appropriate conduct and medical etiquette, with several devoted just to physician behavior. The importance ...
June 10, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- Lincor Solutions Makes Key Appointments to Its North America Leadership Team
Lincor Solutions, global leaders in Bedside Computing solutions, is pleased to announce senior appointments to its North American leadership team effective immediately.
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Ben Czislowski in Chicago Sun-Times
I can laugh about it now, but the doctor told me it could have been serious with teeth carrying germs,said Czislowski, 24. "I've got the tooth at home, sitting on the bedside table. If he [Tweeds Heads forward Matt Austin] wants it back,...
- Diego Maradona in ESPN
I like Mourinho a lot [as a coach],said Maradona. "On top of that, the way he received me, we spent hours talking about football, attacking and defensive tactics. He seemed to me a guy to take to your bedside table and ask him each time...
- Lauren Nelson in USA Today
I looked over on my bedside table and I had the Miss America crown sitting next to me,Nelson told The Associated Press on Tuesday.