- v enter or assume a certain state or condition
- v undergo a change or development
- v come into existence
- v enhance the appearance of
- s according with custom or propriety
her becoming modesty
- s displaying or setting off to best advantage
a becoming new shade of rose
a becoming portrait
- Diabetes is becoming an asian epidemic, and its victims are younger than ever.
- It is becoming increasingly clear that a full-blown public option is unlikely to emerge from the Senate, and that there are several compromise possibilities on the table.
- Jack never realized her dream of becoming a photographer and is now a psychologist.
News & Articles
- Sequester putting military at risk of becoming ‘hollow force’
The U.S. military is at risk of becoming a “hollow force” because of the effects of automatic rather than strategically planned budget cuts, a former principal adviser to the U.S. Secretary of Defense said Wednesday in Aspen.
June 27, 2013 - The Aspen Times
- Becoming Finola
Another novel about dislocated women is "Becoming Finola" by Suzanne Strempek Shea. Massachusetts natives Sophie and Gina decide on a whim to move to a remote Irish village.
June 26, 2013 - Irish Central
- Pandora Is Becoming an Auto Standard: What to Watch
Pandora becoming standard in your car could make investors a lot of money.
June 26, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- President Bush in USA Today
Bringing Saddam Hussein to justice will not end the violence in Iraq, but it is an important milestone on Iraq's course to becoming a democracy that can govern, sustain and defend itself, and be an ally in the war on terror,Bush said.
- Mitt Romney in 940 News
This is not an easy decision for me,Romney said. "I hate to lose. My family, my friends and our supporters ...... many of you right here in this room ...... have given a great deal to get me where I have a shot at becoming president. If...
- Robert Byrd in The Hindu
The people are becoming more and more aware that we were hoodwinked, that the leaders of this country misrepresented or exaggerated the necessity for invading Iraq,Byrd said.