- s resembling the beak of a bird
a grizzled man with a beaklike nose
- A contemporary described him: an abnormally short man, with ponderous arms and legs, a shuffling gait, beaklike nose and chin, "curious cast of the eye," and a perpetual haranguer.
- There the males, haggard, savage from starvation, tear each other with fierce beaklike jaws, fighting for mates.
- As always, he traded on a "hot dog image" that centers around a beaklike nose and a shaggy head "that looks," he says, "like something that caught fire and was put out with a .
News & Articles
- 12 animal adjectives to bolster your vocabulary
In eighth grade, when I read that Julius Caesar had an aquiline nose, I mistakenly thought it had something to do with water. But aquiline is from Latin aquila, meaning eagle, not aqua, water. He had a curved, beaklike nose, not a runny one.
Sept. 7, 2013 - The Week via Yahoo! News