- n an area of sand sloping down to the water of a sea or lake
- v land on a beach
the ship beached near the port
- Holly Beach was once known as the Cajun Riviera.
- Next, he smashed little Einat's head on beach rocks and crushed her skull with the butt of his rifle.
- People enjoy the sun as "Paris Plages" (Paris Beaches) opens along the banks of River Seine in Paris July 21, 2008.
- Phil Mickelson in Examiner.com
Mickelson, referring to the 2004 US Open at Shinnecock Hills, which was tainted by a green so firm and fast it was unplayable - "The one area of concern I have (with Pebble Beach) is the greens. They're so small and they're so firm that, given...
- Barack Obama in ABC News
It was unknowable then, but so much of the progress that would define the 20th century, on both sides of the Atlantic, came down to the battle for a slice of beach only six miles long and two miles wide,Obama said at a ceremony at the...
- Lance Armstrong in The Associated Press
Almost all day, I wondered why I came off the beach,Armstrong cracked, reiterating that this Tour will be his last. "But I'll be back at it tomorrow."