- n a swampy arm or slow-moving outlet of a lake (term used mainly in Mississippi and Louisiana)
- For months grim-faced Cajun shrimpers practiced on the bayous, in their tricky, pencil-shaped boats.
- Shrimpers and other denizens of the bayou share thoughts about how to protect their communities from future storms.
- But its that meteorological arcana thats made such a mess of the bayou, and to hear a lot of people tell it, we have only ourselvesand our global-warming waysto blame.
News & Articles
- Fire at Bayou L'Ourse Business; No One Hurt
Today, around noon there was a fire at Tuboscope, located on Hwy. 662 in Bayou L'Ourse, that created a large smoke plume in the area. According to Sheriff Mike Waguespack, plastic pipes caught fire for unknown reasons at the business located near Amelia in St. Mary parish. The fire burned for 15 minutes and no one was hurt, said Waguespack. There was a temporary road closure near the facility ...
June 18, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Memorial's Harrison learned from Bayou Bowl experience
PORT ARTHUR — There were some tense moments last Saturday for Port Arthur Memorial head coach Kenny Harrison. The fourth-year Titans boss was the offensive coordinator for Team Texas in the 11th annual Bayou Bowl in Baytown, but his offense wasn’t moving much.
June 18, 2013 - Port Arthur News
- International Student Uses Time-Lapse Photography At Black Bayou Lake
Since the beginning of May, Mara Fernanda Blanco Prez has taken more than 2,500 photographs of turtles and other animals at Black Bayou Lake National Wildlife Refuge.
June 18, 2013 - NBC 10 - FOX 14 Monroe
- Mitch McConnell in CBS News
With all due respect to the White House, the wetlands of the bayou, the beaches of the coast, and our waters in the gulf are far more important than the status of the Democrats' legislative agenda here in Washington,McConnell said on the...
- Bobby Jindal in AFP
It is clear from what we saw on Fourchon Beach and Thunder Bayou today that the oil is here. It is in our marsh, like we saw yesterday in Pass a Loutre, and it is on our shores,Jindal said, after flying over those stricken areas.
- Les Miles in Alexandria Town Talk
I apologize for the inappropriate remark I made at the Bayou Recruiting Bash last Wednesday,Miles said in an e-mail to The Daily Reveille, LSU's student newspaper, on Thursday. "This was a private booster function that was closed to the...