- Whatever the outcome of peace talks between Colombo and the separatist Tigers, a Tamil nation in all but law already exists in Sri Lanka's battle-scarred northeast.
- Chino, as a battle-scarred survivor, has earned special respect in the gang.
- Said Colonel Lewis ("Chesty") Puller, famed battle-scarred commander of the 1st Marine Regiment: "We'll suffer heavy losses.
News & Articles
- IRB Rugby 2013 Summer Tests: Canada vs Ireland Match Preview and Analysis
Rugby Canada will undertake their biggest challenge of the summer this Saturday, when they take on Ireland at Toronto's BMO Field. The eighth-ranked Irish arrive in Toronto on the back of a narrow 15 - 12 victory over the USA last weekend, in Houston. They will meet a 13th-ranked Canadian team that, although battle-scarred , is riding a three-game summer win streak; having dispatched the ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Tom Shales in National Post
Washington Post columnist Tom Shales called it "demeaning, nasty" adding, "The snarled 'that one' also contributed to McCain's image as a kind of mean old Scrooge, not so much a battle-scarred warrior as an embittered one."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in USA Today
Though she "may be a little bit battle-scarred," a raspy-voiced Clinton told a crowd outside of St. Louis on Sunday, she is "somebody who not only survived but thrived" in the heat of political battle.
- Bob Hamman in New York Times
Wolffie and I have been playing at the top level for a long time, and we live off being battle-scarred veterans who manage to hate our opponents slightly more than we hate each other,Hamman told The New York Times in 1987.