- n a dyed fabric; a removable wax is used where the dye is not wanted
- v dye with wax
Indonesian fabrics are often batiked
- Alongside the traditionally made batik, for example, is a great selection of batik made using a breakthrough technique that allows for the printing of completely different patterns .
- Explained why there's nothing wrong with him dressing in ceremonial clothes on official visits like batik Bill in Indonesia in 1994 or headscarf Hillary in Eritrea in 1997.
- At home, Ann wore the traditional housecoat, the batik daster.
News & Articles
- Cloth, dye, wax? All in a day’s work for Scottdale artist
By Patrick Varine, Penn Hills Progress As a student at Seton Hill College, Leslie Sorg recalls an informal introduction to the ancient art of batik cloth art. “They didn’t really teach ...
June 12, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Muhyiddin Yassin in KOMPAS.com
I do not have the full details (UNESCO's decision) because Malaysia too has batik. We will analyse the actual meaning of the decision and whether the decision will affect the production of batik here,Yassin told reporters.
- Aburizal Bakrie in Jakarta Post
I commend the workers of Lutron Liamuiga, Harowe Servo, Kajola-Kristada, CSR/DDL, St. Kitts Brush Company and Caribelle Batik for working with management to produce the quality of products, with the level of efficiency, to make St. Kitts and Nevis,... Denzil Douglas http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denzil_Douglas&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHqQs15AlS9iyzXq-g22sB1VMdbDg Communication's Unit Of The St. Kitts Prime Minister http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cuopm.com/newsitem.asp%3Farticlenumber%3D623%26post200803%3Dtrue&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFhqjYApKaudF-3JMaL2kG3ZG83_Q Mar 18, 2009
8535 12069 batik We've been told batik has been recognized as an element of global cultural heritage produced by Indonesians. The President has called on all Indonesians to wear batik on Oct. 2, to celebrate batik," Aburizal said.