- n triteness or triviality of style
- n insincere pathos
- n a change from a serious subject to a disappointing one
- What a pity, then, that writer-director Darnell Martin reduces these pioneers to the sum of their foibles greed, lust, drugs and compacts each tragedy into bathos.
- Fire-escape balcony scenes and corner-drugstore Friar Lawrences are not only distracting but tinged with bathos.
- That's because front man E (Mark Oliver Everett) chooses humor over bathos ("Ma won't shave me, Jesus can't save me," he growls on the superb Dog Faced Boy).
News & Articles
- Brooklyn Bakery From Moonstruck Out of Dough
What is life? They say bread is life."I sweat and shovel this stinking dough in and out of this hot hole in the wall and I should be so happy. Huh, sweetie?" a sweaty, young Nicholas Cage asks Cher in what might be his most bathos-drenched performance. "You want me to take my hot bread, put it away and forget it?" he implores. For Cammareri Bros. Bakery , whose brick oven was the setting for ...
Oct. 22, 2013 - The New York Observer
- John Smart in Independent
I think Auden was going here,says Smart, "for a Wordsworthian epiphany such as in 'The Leech Gatherer' - and it ends with a bathos which was not unknown to Wordsworth."