- n bottom-dweller of warm western Atlantic coastal waters having a flattened scaleless body that crawls about on fleshy pectoral and pelvic fins
- Other little tanks host real corals, which The Deep is propagating, and "stranger-than-fiction" creatures, like the shortnose batfish, which walks on leglike side fins.
News & Articles
- Today in History: July 14
1912: American folk singer-songwriter Woody Guthrie ("This Land Is Your Land") was born in Okemah, Okla. 1789: During the French Revolution, citizens of Paris stormed the Bastille prison and released the seven prisoners inside. 1881: Outlaw William H. Bonney Jr., alias "Billy the Kid," was shot and killed by Sheriff Pat Garrett in Fort Sumner, N.M. 1972: The State Department criticized actress ...
Sept. 12, 2013 - San Antonio Express-News
- Shy Rabbit
The first meeting for the 2013-14 year will be held at 6 p.m. at Shy Rabbit Contemporary Arts, 333 Bastille Drive. The program provides an opportunity to present recent work and photo projects.
Sept. 11, 2013 - The Pagosa Springs Sun
- WATCH: Bastille Covers Miley Cyrus for BBC Radio 1, Pays Homage to Billy Ray
The cover of Miley Cyrus' "We Can't Stop" that Bastille unveiled during a session for BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge earlier this week was so wildly different from the original, it may even appeal to Cyrus' most dedicated haters. The British band, who scored a breakout hit with "Pompeii" earlier this year, managed to slip an "Achy Breaky Heart" moment into their orchestral version, which opens with a ...
Sept. 10, 2013 - Zimbio
- George Faught in Muskogee Daily Phoenix
This piece of history is going to be a wonderful addition to the USS Batfish War Memorial Park, and Muskogee is grateful to have the honor of commemorating the USS Oklahoma,Faught said.