bataan : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the peninsula and island in the Philippines where Japanese forces besieged American forces in World War II; United States forces surrendered in 1942 and recaptured the area in 1945
News & Articles
- Leadership class to honor Bataan soldiers
Members of Leadership Salinas Valley Class XXXI will raise the American flag at 10 a.m. Saturday in Bataan Memorial Park to honor soldiers who served in World War II, according to a Salinas Police Department release.
June 19, 2013 - The Salinas Californian
- Playwrite pays tribute to heroes of Bataan
Deming has long been a supportive community when it comes to local theater. Producer and playwright Barry Dunleavey will bring to the stage a reading of Bataan and the brave souls who endured one of history's darkest periods during America's battles in World War II.
June 18, 2013 - The Deming Headlight
- Chamber Leadership Class to hold flag raising at Bataan Park
Kudos to the Salinas Valley Chamber of Commerce and it's Leadership Class XXXI for thinking of a great project that will honor those who fought at the Battle of Bataan during World War II.
June 18, 2013 - The Salinas Californian
- Barack Obama in ABS CBN News
Filipinos displayed great courage alongside American soldiers at Bataan and Corregidor, only to be denied their just benefits by our government,Obama said, adding that the Veterans Benefits Enhancement Act of 2007 would honor the service of...
- David Neeleman in International Herald Tribune
We're all competing, and nobody wants to be the first to pull back,Neeleman said. "If they do, then the other guy takes his market. So, we're all on this ...... Bataan Death March, marching along and losing money."
- Michael Busch in WTOP
Now I know why they gave up on the march from Bataan,said House Speaker Michael Busch, referring to a 1942 Japanese death march that many didn't survive. "It's very difficult."