- n a group that defends a principle
a bastion against corruption
the last bastion of communism
- n a stronghold into which people could go for shelter during a battle
- n projecting part of a rampart or other fortification
- Nobody is flying on Ryanair because it is a bastion of solitude where you can contemplate life.
- The Supreme Court was the last bastion of the male: a stale dark room that needed to be cracked open.
- The former First Selectman of the Republican bastion says that like many others he "is very disaffected" with Dodd, who has "really disappointed a lot of people.
News & Articles
- PCs strut their E3 stuff
Sure, most of the PC gaming to be found at E3 2013 consists of cross-platform console ports, and yeah, that kind of bums me, too. Don’t let that get you down too far, though: E3 has never exactly been a bastion of PC gaming, and if you look beyond the sea of software, you’ll find that the computer cadre is indeed well-represented at the L.A. Convention Center. All the nifty PC peripherals and ...
June 13, 2013 - PC World
- Bastion sales surpass 2 million
During a Transistor demo session at E3 , Supergiant Games' Greg Kasavin confirmed that the studio's first game, Bastion , has sold over two million copies. " Bastion has done really well for us; it's sold over two million copies across all platforms," Kasavin said. "That puts us in a position to make games on our own terms and take the time needed to get it right." Part of that success was the ...
June 12, 2013 - Joystiq
- Hands on with ARMA III and DayZ, PC gaming’s E3 vanguards
E3 has never been a bastion of PC gaming, but the pickings are incredibly slim at this year’s show. Sure, there’s a virtual cornucopia of console titles destined to land on PCs as part of a cross-platform push , and yeah, Sega is showing off the PC-exclusive Rome: Total War II , but after walking the floor for a couple of hours, it’s clear that pure PC gaming is pretty much relegated to two ...
June 12, 2013 - PC World
- John McCain in FOXNews
This may be the last bastion in American where they don't get it. Americans are sick and tired of the way we do business in Washington,McCain told reporters afterward. "As president, I promise the American people ...... the first...
- Deborah Voigt in International Herald Tribune
I was angry about it at the time and for quite a while afterwards,said Voigt, who once called the attitude toward heavy people "the last bastion of open discrimination in our society."
- Kevin Rudd in Sydney Morning Herald
Mr Rudd, who announced the Australian casualties during a wreath-laying ceremony at the Australian War Memorial yesterday, told Parliament he was resolved to prevent the country becoming a "bastion of terrorism".