- n traffic in ecclesiastical offices or preferments
- n the crime of a judge whose judgment is influenced by bribery
- n (maritime law) a fraudulent breach of duty by the master of a ship that injures the owner of the ship or its cargo; includes every breach of trust such as stealing or sinking or deserting the ship or embezzling the cargo
- n the offense of vexatiously persisting in inciting lawsuits and quarrels
- Like many another "agitator," he has been behind barssix months for the rare crime of barratry (encouraging quarrels).
- Another Illinois doctor has taken a different stance: he has charged a patient's lawyer with barratry (frivolously stirring up litigation).
- Ambulance chasing, barratry, capping, running, soliciting by whatever name it is known, the practice of stir ring up law business is condemned by lawyers and laymen alike.
News & Articles
- State rep faces charges again
AUSTIN — Prosecutors say state Rep. Ron Reynolds has been charged with illegally soliciting court cases for the second time in the past year. Montgomery County District Attorney Brett Ligon said Monday that Reynolds, D-Missouri City, is charged with barratry, which is more commonly described as “ambulance chasing.” Reynolds, 39, faced similar charges in Harris County last year. Those charges ...
Sept. 14, 2013 - San Antonio Express-News