barong : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a knife resembling a cleaver; used in the Philippines
- In a starched barong tagalog and with an extraordinary baritone, Blas vainly lobbied Capitol Hill that Marcos wasn't all that bad.
- The men wore loose-fitting barong tagalogs; many of the women, designer dresses.
- My family enjoyed roaming the fortified hotel with machine-gun toting soldiers and opportunistic, barong-clad politicians wearing heavy gold jewelry.
- Tony Tan Caktiong in Bloomberg
Our field people joke that the clientele now are all in barong,the formal Filipino shirt, Tan said in an interview in Manila yesterday. "I've started to get comments from my friends: this product is good, this needs improvement. You don't...
- Manuel Roxas in GMA news.tv
Gusto kong magpasalamat sa mga tumulong sa akin. Malakas ang ulan at si Dennis Sula ay lumapit at sinabi na kami ay sumilong sa kanyang barong barong at in-offeran ng kape. [Ito ay nagpapakita ng] bait at kagandahang-loob ng mga Pinoy,Roxas said.
- Tiffany Limos in Inquirer.net
Tiffany, who accompanied Quentin on his two-week visit to Manila last August, added: "If he did, then good for him. He loves that barong!"