- n someone who burns down a barn
- n an impressively successful event
the rock concert was a real barnburner
- But if you expected the Bruce-Vilanchists of Hollywood to storm back and prove their importance by whipping up a barnburner of an Academy Awards in the couple weeks since the end .
- He played with the lyrics, and thus justified picking And I'm Telling You I'm Not Goingthe most typically clichd, overused Idol barnburnerby turning the performance into a .
- Chris Petersen in International Herald Tribune
It seems like every time we go down there it's a barnburner for whatever reason,coach Chris Peterson said. "They are always tight games, hard fought games. We'll probably have another one Friday."
- Phil Jackson in Los Angeles Times
It might happen,Jackson said. "We told them on this trip that if they lose the first one, you could steamroll this into a three-loss trip. So they're aware of the fact that they could walk into a barnburner on Sunday and not escape."
- Mark Richt in SportingNews.com
This is a very typical Auburn team,Georgia coach Mark Richt said. "They're a physical, hard-nosed bunch. They make very few mistakes. This will be just another Southeastern Conference barnburner, more than likely."