barn : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an outlying farm building for storing grain or animal feed and housing farm animals
- n (physics) a unit of nuclear cross section; the effective circular area that one particle presents to another as a target for an encounter
- On a Sunday spin in the country, one of the scenic delights used to be the handsomely weather-beaten, quaintly dilapidated barns that lined rural roads.
- The farther down Maine you go, the more rarely you see nudes in barns.
- It is now 23 years since Richard Babcock first mounted his pickup truck to rescue a colonial barn in distress, snatching a comely example of Scottish extraction, circa 1710, from .
News & Articles
- Barn, chicks lost in fire at game farm
Officials say a fire at a game farm and hunt club in Waukesha County has destroyed a barn and killed thousands of pheasant chicks. The fire at the Wern Valley Pheasant Farm in the Town of Genessee started shortly before 3 a.m. Tuesday, destroyed one barn and damaged another. WISN-TV reports at least 20 area fire departments responded to the five-alarm fire. The farm's owner says heaters were ...
June 11, 2013 - WISC-TV Madison
- Woodbine barn under quarantine after filly's death
ETOBICOKE, Ontario – Woodbine’s Barn 1 was under a voluntary quarantine Tuesday, pending the results of a necropsy on a filly who died in her stall Monday morning.
June 11, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Barn, Chicks Lost in Waukesha Co. Game Farm Fire
Officials say a fire at a game farm and hunt club in Waukesha County has destroyed a barn and killed thousands of pheasant chicks.
June 11, 2013 - WSAW Wausau
- Kent Desormeaux in Seattle Post Intelligencer
This horse was no way in any shape or form lame,Desormeaux said. "He was probably just tired and I thought in this horse's best interest, let's just get him back to the barn and recharge his batteries."
- Joe Torre in The Associated Press
They're dangerous and they keep coming at you,Torre said about his old team. "There's no soft spot in that lineup, so you don't count your chickens until you can get 'em all in the barn. Unfortunately, we came up a little short."
- Nick Zito in ESPN
The race took its toll, but when he got back to the barn ...... he was great -- that's the heart he's got,Zito said.