baptize : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v administer baptism to
The parents had the child baptized
- As LaPel wades into the murky waters of a small village in Banteay Meanchey province to baptize more than 100 people, he is convinced that Duch's conversion can only help the cause .
- When he appeared in church to be godfather at a baptism, the priest, Don Alfonso Manocchio, declared Fanelli unacceptable and refused to baptize the baby.
- Henry Dunster declined to baptize his son, believing that only adults should be baptized.
- Katharine Jefferts Schori in Boston Globe (registration)
Obviously a handful of our church leaders are still upset and would like to see the church never ordain and never baptize a gay or lesbian person,Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori said in Burlington. "We need to refocus on more...
- Skip Holtz in SportingNews.com
If you were going to write a script, you don't want to baptize a quarterback there,Holtz said. "It's not where you want to break in a new punter as well."
- Alberto Ruiz-GallardÃ³n in SFCPressPoint (press release)
To baptize a plane is to give wings to a dream, said Mayor of Madrid Alberto Ruiz GallardÃ³n today at the presentation of the Madrid 2016 official aeroplane. "The Airbus 321 will take off on 30 September, and will return, I hope, on...