- n a Christian sacrament signifying spiritual cleansing and rebirth
most churches baptize infants but some insist on adult baptism
- A British secular society claims that thousands of former Christians have chosen to publicly renounce their faith with certificates of de-baptism.
- There is growing interest in the concept of debaptism.
- Infant baptism is under fire.
News & Articles
- Chattanoogan.com - Chattanooga's source for breaking local news
A lake baptism and church picnic will be held by Church of the Highlands, 6620 Hunter Road, Harrison, at Harrison Bay State Park immediately following the worship services on Sunday.
June 20, 2013 - The Chattanoogan
- Rugby-Izzy ready for Lions challenge? Absolutely, says Folau
By Ian Ransom June 20 (Reuters) - Israel Folau's stunning rise from rugby union debutant to Australian international in four months has thrust him into a baptism of fire against the British & Irish Lions in the first test in Brisbane on Saturday. The much-hyped 24-year-old will run out at a heaving Lang Park on the wing, a position largely foreign to him in the 15-man code, to face off against ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Morgans urged to sell out
It’s baptism by fire for the new board of Morgans Hotel.A shareholder in the 13-unit hotel chain is expected today to urge the newbie board — on the job for less than a week — to put the company on the block, The Post has learned.Manhattan hedge fund Kerrisdale...
June 20, 2013 - New York Post
- Pope Benedict XVI in International Herald Tribune
Baptism is more than a bath, a purification. It is more than becoming part of a community,Benedict said. "It is a new birth. A new beginning in life."
- Francis Ford Coppola in Forbes
Peter Zinner made a great contribution to 'The Godfather,'Coppola said in an e-mail to The AP through his publicist. "Working on the editing of the final (baptism) sequence, Peter had the inspiration to add the organ music that pulled the...
- Albert Spalding in Newsweek
Obama, striving to be the country's first black president, quotes 19th century baseball player and sporting goods manufacturer Albert Spalding saying, "It received its baptism in the bloody days of our nation's direst danger, when soldiers North and...