banzai : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a Japanese cheer of enthusiasm or triumph
- Banzai! Banzai!" By morning they had banzaied themselves hoarse.
- Elsewhere, victorious DPJ candidates lifted their arms and hoarsely shouted the celebratory phrase "banzai" after exit polls showed Japan's main opposition party blasted the .
- Matsui, shaking with age and cold and palsy, raised a quavering cry: "Tenno heika banzai! (May the Emperor live 10,000 years!).
News & Articles
- Friday Humor #1: Keynesian Catechism
It's funny 'coz it's true... (h/t @LayeredRisk ) and as we have previously noted (via William Banzai), The Fool's Prayer , Edward Roland Sill, 1841-1887 Cleverly Adapted by WilliamBanzai7 THE ROYAL FEAST WAS DONE; the Chairman sought some new monetary trick to banish care, And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool, Kneel now, and make for us a Keynesian prayer!" The jester doffed his cap and bells ...
June 21, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Dominic Gorie in Reuters
We'd like to say konnichiwa, domo arigato and banzai (hello, thank you and banzai),commander Dominic Gorie said shortly before liftoff, speaking some Japanese in a nod to that country's important role in the mission. "God truly has blessed...
- Taro Aso in TMCnet
From the viewpoint of the spirits of the war dead, they hailed 'Banzai' for the emperor -- none of them said long live the prime minister. A visit by the emperor would be the best,Aso said in a speech in Nagoya.
- Carl Edwards in Dallas Morning News
It was a banzai move,Edwards said. "I hit the wall harder than I planned on hitting. I've always wanted to try to do that, and now I know it doesn't work as well as it does in video games."