- n Canadian physiologist who discovered insulin with C. H. Best and who used it to treat diabetes(1891-1941)
- n wild ox of the Malay Archipelago
News & Articles
- Graeme Bell gets Banting Medal for Scientific Achievement Award
( University of Chicago Medical Center ) Graeme Ian Bell, Ph.D., the Louis Block Distinguished Service Professor of Medicine and Human Genetics and an investigator in the University of Chicago Medicine Kovler Diabetes Center, has been awarded the 2013 Banting Medal for Scientific Achievement Award from the American Diabetes Association for his pioneering work in understanding the role of ...
June 18, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Stephen Harper in CTV.ca
We must invest in the people and ideas that will produce tomorrow's breakthroughs,Harper said. "The Banting post-doctoral fellowships will give scholars in research institutions across the country the support they need to explore and...
- Helena Guergis in Canada NewsWire (press release)
Our Government is pleased and honoured to commemorate the birthplace of Sir Frederick Banting,said Ms. Guergis. "Frederick Banting's contribution to science is something that all Canadians can be proud of, and his outstanding achievement...
- Robert Bell in Market Wire (press release)
The Toronto General Hospital was instrumental in Banting and Best's discovery,said Dr. Robert Bell, President and CEO of University Health Network. "We are very pleased to be able to support the work of the BBDC and provide a place where...