bandmaster : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the conductor of a band
- Rear Admiral Collard abused the bandmaster in front of the whole band.
- Bandmaster of the 369th for more than four years has been Russell Wooding, onetime Broadway arranger and conductor, onetime bandmaster for the New York Giants football team.
- Paul Whiteman, 41, bandmaster; and Margaret Livingston, 29, cinemactress; at Morrison, Colo.
- Bill Barber in Washington Post
The bandmaster said it would make me big and strong, but that hasn't happened yet,the wiry Mr. Barber told the British publication Jazz Journal International in 1993.