- n an upper floor projecting from the rear over the main floor in an auditorium
- n a platform projecting from the wall of a building and surrounded by a balustrade or railing or parapet
- Nor should they stand on the balcony to watch the procession.
- The balcony of Buckingham Palace is normally reserved for photo ops of Queen Elizabeth and the royal family.
- Now more than 100,000 people waited expectantly below the balcony.
News & Articles
- 'Just amazing': Man survives fall from 15th floor balcony
A British man survived a fall from a 15th floor balcony of a building in New Zealand, according to police and local media.Tim Stilwell, 20, had been trying to get into his 14th floor apartment from a neighbor’s home on the floor above when he fell at about 2 a.m. local time on Sunday (10 a.m. Saturday ET). He had forgotten his keys after a night out drinking with friends, The New Zealand Herald ...
June 17, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Person injured after falling from uptown Charlotte balcony
A person fell from an apartment complex balcony in uptown Charlotte late Sunday afternoon. Police said the victim fell at a South Church Street complex and suffered life-threatening injuries. They said the victim was conscious and alert when transported to the hospital. Authorities said they are investigating the incident as an accident.
June 17, 2013 - WSOC-TV Charlotte
- Woman falls from fourth-floor balcony of Squirrel Hill building
By Tribune-Review A woman who fell from a fourth-floor balcony Monday in Squirrel Hill has died. Janice Bress, 77, died at 11:15 a.m. at UMPC Presbyterian Hospital, ...
June 17, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Andrew Flintoff in SkySports
I think I'm a better cricketer for those dark times and a better person,Flintoff said. "When you experience tough times, the better times are that much sweeter. I was sitting on the balcony at Lord's the other day after we'd won and one of...
- President Bush in Houston Chronicle
You know, I was sitting with Tony on the Truman Balcony last night, and we were discussing a lot of issues,Bush said.