- n United States dancer and choreographer (born in Russia) noted for his abstract and formal works (1904-1983)
News & Articles
- Nikolai and The Others , Starring Michael Cerveris, Stephen Kunken and John Glover, Ends Off-Broadway Run June 16
Nikolai and the Others, the world-premiere play from Richard Nelson that imagines a weekend shared by Russian artists George Balanchine, Igor Stravinsky, Nikolai Nabokov and more, concludes its Off-Broadway run June 16 at Lincoln Center Theater's Mitzi E. Newhouse Theater.
June 16, 2013 - Playbill
- CenturyLink buys downtown Portland's AppFog; Plainfield's Mayur closes: Downtown/Northwest Portland news
And City Hall whistleblower; five new downtown and Northwest businesses; Twitter partners with downtown-based Vizify; Catholic parish will carry banner in Pride Parade; Byways Cafe reviewed; OBT does Balanchine this weekend.
June 14, 2013 - The Oregonian
- Irving adds artistic touch to OBT in July
Oregon Ballet Theatre has found its new artistic director, and Kevin Irving plans to be here as one of the city’s preeminent arts groups wraps up its season. “Celebrating Balanchine” this weekend ends OBT’s tumultuous season, during which Christopher Stowell resigned as artistic director for many reasons, including direction and finances of the company. Anne Mueller took over the reins as OBT ...
June 13, 2013 - Portland Tribune
- Frankie Dettori in guardian.co.uk
She's up there with the best I've ridden. The last filly as good as this one was Balanchine and that was a few years ago,said Dettori. "She's won over a mile and a half and although she prefers a target, I couldn't really afford a sprint...
- Edward Villella in LA Downtown News Online
When a Balanchine ballet is being rehearsed by me or anybody else, I feel as if I'm standing in that studio, that I am in the presence and the mind of George Balanchine,Villella said. "That's a whole other place to me. And to me it's a...