- v bring into balance or equilibrium
- v compute credits and debits of an account
- v hold or carry in equilibrium
- v be in equilibrium
- a being in a state of proper equilibrium
the carefully balanced seesaw
a properly balanced symphony orchestra
a balanced assessment of intellectual and cultural history
a balanced blend of whiskeys
the educated man shows a balanced development of all his powers
- CASPER, WYOMING: Newt Gingrich sent stock and bond prices tumbling with a public prediction that congressional Republicans and the White House would not arrive at a balanced-budget .
- Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole stalled for more arm-twisting time again, one vote short of the two-thirds majority needed to pass the balanced budget amendment.
- For the first time in two years it could be said last week that the French budget balanced.
News & Articles
- Town passes balanced budget
Paradise Town Council passed a balanced general fund budget Tuesday night just barely. After all was said and done the general fund is in the black by $2,788.
June 26, 2013 - Paradise Post
- Armada schools approve balanced budget
Armada Area Schools Board of Education members unanimously approved a balanced budget for the 2013-2014 school year that includes a full-day kindergarten program.
June 26, 2013 - The Armada Times
- Balanced View on First Horizon - Analyst Blog
Balanced View on First Horizon - Analyst Blog
June 25, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Max Baucus in Salt Lake Tribune
We worked to build a balanced, common-sense package that ensures quality, affordable coverage and doesn't add a dime to the deficit,said Baucus, borrowing a line from President Barack Obama.
- Sarah Palin in Washington Post
Palin said in a statement that she is "thrilled" to be joining Fox, adding, "It's wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balanced news."
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
I strongly believe Congress needs to listen to a budget which says no tax increase and a budget, because of fiscal discipline, that can be balanced in five years,Bush told reporters after meeting with his Cabinet.