- n harassment especially of a tethered animal
- v harass with persistent criticism or carping
- v lure, entice, or entrap with bait
- v attack with dogs or set dogs upon
- The GOP's race-baiting legacy extends beyond Trent Lott, argues PTI's Jack White.
- From white-baiting, it passed to the baiting of moderate Negroes and finally to Jew-baiting.
- For the last two years, the self-described leftist Dieudonn had outdone even Le Pen in Jew-baiting, delivering a series of brazenly anti-Semitic remarks, belittling the .
- Steve Brookstein in Market Rasen Today
Mr Brookstein told BBC Radio 5 Live: "It is sad that there are going to be people who are going to be publicly humiliated. It is a form of bear-baiting. I've been banging the drum about what it's about - people shouldn't call in and they shouldn't...
- Brett Favre in KSTP.com
It was legit,Favre said after the game. "I had people say, 'Man, good job baiting them into the call.' I can find better ways to draw the call. ...... I was conscious of what was going on, but I was a little woozy."
- Mike Cox in MLive.com
I thought his statements were reprehensible,said Cox, who is white. "It was race-baiting on par with David Duke and George Wallace - all to save his political career."