bailey : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n United States singer (1918-1990)
- n English lexicographer who was the first to treat etymology consistently; his work was used as a reference by Samuel Johnson (died in 1742)
- n the outer courtyard of a castle
- n the outer defensive wall that surrounds the outer courtyard of a castle
News & Articles
- For her next shot, Bailey aims high
She'cQuan Bailey recently signed to play basketball at Baltimore Community College. / Staff photo by Laura Emmons During her high school career, she scored 2,057 points, a new record at Snow Hill.
June 15, 2013 - Delaware Coast Press
- Doug Bailey, G.O.P. Political Consultant, Dies at 79
Mr. Bailey founded The Hotline, a digest of political news, distributed by fax, that became an indispensable tool of the political trade in the pre-Web 1980s and ’90s.
June 13, 2013 - New York Times
- Bailey believes in own abilities
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Andrew Bailey blew three saves in only nine opportunities after returning from right thumb surgery last season, enough for the Red Sox to replace him last winter by trading for Joel Hanrahan . So, now that he’s the closer again, how secure can Bailey possibly feel? “I’m the guy here,” Bailey said yesterday, smoke still billowing from his 10th-inning implosion in Monday ...
June 12, 2013 - Boston Herald