badge : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an emblem (a small piece of plastic or cloth or metal) that signifies your status (rank or membership or affiliation etc.)
they checked everyone's badge before letting them in
- n any feature that is regarded as a sign of status (a particular power or quality or rank)
wearing a tie was regarded as a badge of respectability
- v put a badge on
The workers here must be badged
- To have the wrong color of badge can be an albatross around a Davos attender's neck.
- The bogus badges were part of the bizarre security tactics allegedly employed by Jay Garrity, the director of operations for Romney who is under investigation for impersonating a .
- What to racist whites was a stain of impurity became a badge of pride.
News & Articles
- EDMbiz Announces Panels, Nightclub Party Schedule and New Speakers Including Pete Tong, Afrojack and Steve Aoki
Badge Holders to Enjoy Free Access to Select Nightclubs and Events Throughout Las Vegas During EDC Week LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 06/12/13 -- Adding to an already extensive agenda, EDMbiz is proud to announce the next round of speakers for this year's event, June 18 - 20, 2013. Consummate tastemaker, music supervisor, KCRW music director and DJ, Jason Bentley, returns as host for the 2nd ...
June 13, 2013 - HispanicBusiness.com
- Prosecutor fired after 'badge flash' during DWI stop
A Bexar County assistant district attorney has been fired following an incident in which she was mentioned in a friend's driving while intoxicated arrest report for advising him not to submit to a breath test. Tara D. Richardson, who had worked as a misdemeanor family justice unit prosecutor for less than a year, also “flashed her badge” during the May 25 encounter, according to the San Antonio ...
June 12, 2013 - San Antonio Express-News
- Scouts write to newspaper to earn communication badge
As part of the journey for Eagle Scout, local Scouts must contact editors of their local newspapers to earn their communication badges. Dear Mr. Harris: My name is Trey Wilson and I am a Star Scout. I am working on the Communication Merit Badge. read more
June 12, 2013 - Bullard Banner News
- John Howard in Sydney Morning Herald
I understand that, but that's not an excuse. For us, we kind of feel like, in the engine shop that's kind of a badge of honor. You win that engine dyno, good for you. That's kind of how we felt in the past few years and (chief engine builder) Mark... Joe Gibbs http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Gibbs&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGXbel4iB-JvU_MDpxbrJkGBaUdng WBT http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.wbt.com/news/details.cfm%3Fap_id%3DD92K60J00&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGUQrXO5nnhMqd4IeAFAieqOjAbQA Aug 17, 2008
7514 10799 badge All I can say in relation to Robert Mugabe is that if that is the reason I wear the negative attitude as a badge of honour because I don't apologise in any way for the criticism I offer of the Mugabe regime," he said. "If it was in some way...
- William Bratton in FOXNews
She was all we could ever ask of someone who puts this badge on their chest,Chief William Bratton said.