- n a Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria
- v propose a payment
- v invoke upon
- v ask for or request earnestly
- v make a demand, as for a card or a suit or a show of hands
- v make a serious effort to attain something
- v ask someone in a friendly way to do something
- At the end, as the little critter bade his farewells and the Jules Verne-like space ship left the ground, the audience similarly levitated.
- GONE FOR GOOD?: Thaksin bade a tearful farewell to his supporters, but many Thais believe he will be back.
- Next day, over a formal cup of tea, he bade farewell to the Generalissimo.
News & Articles
- Pols pay tribute to Paul Cellucci
From former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney to former Gov. William Weld and Gov. Deval Patrick, a who’s who of Bay State politics bade farewell to former Gov. Paul Cellucci yesterday, celebrating his generosity, relentless energy and his enduring man-of-the-people legacy — sentiments not lost on the very people he represented.
June 14, 2013 - Boston Herald
- No more books for Plymouth High seniors
Nearly 470 seniors bade classmates farewell and took their next steps into the future as Plymouth High School celebrated its 2013 commencement ceremony Sunday at Eastern Michigan University's Convocation Center.
June 10, 2013 - Plymouth Observer
- Shatrughan Sinha in Indian Express
Asked whether Jaswant Singh's expulsion was justified, Sinha said, "Yeh bade logun ki baat hai (this is an issue concerning bigwigs). Moreover, I am not a member of the BJP Parliamentary Board which took the decision."
- Salman Khan in Times of India
I never wanted to work with Govinda simply because he destroys you on screen. Look at the past comedies . Except for Sanjay Dutt, he has wiped out every actor he has worked with, including Amitji in Bade Miyaan, Chote Miyaan,Salman said....
- Matt Painter in Fort Wayne Journal Gazette (blog)
He's got to now make strides,Painter said. "He's got to get healthy, get 100 percent and then get by somebody. That's important. The first couple weeks of practice, he was probably a little bit ahead of Pat (Bade). Then the next two weeks,...