- n someone who swims the backstroke
- The Ukrainian-born backstroker takes three golds, showing the Aussies who rules the pool.
- An avid admirer of Mark Spitz, the Russian youth won the Soviet junior championship as a backstroker at 14.
- At Virginia's Staunton Military Academy, he is best remembered not as an All-America backstroker but as having been extraordinarily willing to sacrifice himself for others.
- Aaron Peirsol in Chicago Tribune
Matt has been telling me he's not a backstroker the whole camp, but I knew otherwise,Peirsol said. "He has a beautiful stroke, and he obviously has a great head on his shoulders."
- Natalie Coughlin in NEWS.com.au
She is a strong backstroker, who has come on very fast and very quickly in the past few years,said Coughlin, the only woman to have broken 59sec for the event. "She is one of the many backstrokers I am looking to compete against. She has...
- Mark Schubert in OCRegister
Without a doubt the best backstroker in history,said US national team director Mark Schubert.