- n a secondary or inferior position or status
tennis has had to take a backseat while his work is so demanding
- n a seat at the back of a vehicle (especially the seat at the back of an automobile)
- I don't think we should take a backseat to the Germans or the Japanese in creating clean energies no American soldier will ever have risk life and limb to protect.
- Unlike me, my kids didn't grow up in the backseat of a Pontiac.
- MySpace wasn't there when they went to the movie and MySpace wasn't there when they climbed in the backseat," Reposa said.
News & Articles
- Who's the worst backseat driver? (Hint: Not the kids)
There are few things more frustrating as a driver than being nagged by a know-it-all passenger. But who makes the worst backseat (or side-seat) driver?According to a new survey, spouses – whether husbands or wives – top the list, while children are usually the least irritating passengers. That’s something both men and women agree on, according to a poll of 500 drivers by Insurance.com. Read more ...
June 11, 2013 - MSNBC
- Girl’s Wrists Duct-Taped in Backseat of Buick After She Reached Out of Window
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — A young girl’s wrists were allegedly duct-taped by a man in the backseat of a gray or tan colored Buick after reaching her hands out the window at a gas station Monday afternoon. The potential victim, …
June 11, 2013 - FOX 17 Grand Rapids
- Study names worst backseat drivers, habits
Among the most annoying is 'advice' from other passengers, and according to an Insurance.com study, spouses make the worst backseat drivers.
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- John McCain in guardian.co.uk
I take a backseat to no one in my affection, respect and devotion to veterans,McCain said. "And I will not accept from Senator Obama, who did not feel it was his responsibility to serve our country in uniform, any lectures on my regard for...
- Stephon Marbury in FOXSports.com
I didn't create this,Marbury said. "I'm sitting inside the car. I'm not behind the wheel in the driver's seat. I have no control of the wheel of the car, if we're turning or going straight. I'm sitting in the backseat. He's not going to...
- Carey Price in SI.com
It's almost an unwritten rule,Montreal rookie goalie Carey Price said. "It's like when you're a kid in the backseat that's going, 'I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you.' When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I would probably try and get...