- v scatter (radiation) by the atoms of the medium through which it passes
- Are new airport x-ray machines going to detect more than just concealed weapons? Yes, says the American Civil Liberties Union, which likens the new backscatter technology to a .
- The best example of that occurred two years ago, when he read a couple of published papersone on the backscatter phenomenon, the other on ionized gasesand saw a method of .
- Last year RCA technicians tracking swift Army missiles on ultrahigh-frequency (above 5,000 megacycles) C-band radar noticed that they were receiving considerable "backscatter .
News & Articles
- Revealing full body scanners thing of past at airports
The harshest critics dubbed them virtual strip searches, others expressed health concerns over low doses of radiation. Well it's all over now: full body scanners that produce revealing images of airline travelers are out of airports for good. They've been controversial since the start. The government began rolling out backscatter technology that produced a full body image of a traveler after a ...
June 10, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Janet Napolitano in AOL News
...said Tuesday that the department would "redeploy" $50 million of stimulus money from the project to other tools to protect the border including "mobile surveillance, thermal imaging devices, ultra-light detection, backscatter units, mobile...
- Kip Hawley in Earthtimes.org
Privacy and security are not mutually exclusive, and backscatter has potential to be a valuable tool in our layered security approach,said TSA Administrator Kip Hawley. "There will be opportunity for continued public dialogue as we see how...