- n a bag carried by a strap on your back or shoulder
- v hike with a backpack
Every summer they are backpacking in the Rockies
- The results: those imagining themselves buying the backpacks in public were more likely to go for the enviro backpacks, even though they weren't as nice as the luxury models.
- An airport shuttle driver under arrest in Colorado may have been planning with others to detonate backpack bombs on New York City trains in a terrorism plot similar to past attacks .
- After the test pilot of a rocket-propelled backpack told Popular Science magazine in 1969 that the machine made him "feel safer than I do driving the family car in traffic," it .
News & Articles
- Backpack donations sought for Stanislaus schoolchildren
The Latino Community Roundtable of Stanislaus County is seeking backpack donations for schoolchildren through July 29.
June 13, 2013 - Modesto Bee
- Backpack bomb scare at PDX baggage claim
PORTLAND -- A suspicious package closed some lanes on the lower roadway at Portland International Airport Wednesday night, officials said. Just before 10 p.m. an unclaimed backpack was spotted at the south and of the baggage claim level, said Port of Portland spokesman Steve Johnson. A bomb squad was called in shortly afterward and determined the backpack was not a threat.
June 12, 2013 - KGW NewsChannel 8 Portland
- Backpack Program Hoping To Expand To Other Schools
The South Jefferson backpack program provides 70 kids with food for the weekend.
June 11, 2013 - WWNY - WNYF Watertown
- Sarah Palin in TIME
Asked why she only obtained a passport last year, Palin said, "I'm not one of those who maybe came from a background of, you know, kids who perhaps graduate college and their parents give them a passport and give them a backpack and say go off and...
- Ingrid Betancourt in International Herald Tribune
Now, home is "a hammock strung between two posts, covered with mosquito netting and with tent above that serves as a roof," Betancourt wrote her mother. "I have a shelf for my things, which is to say a backpack for clothing and the Bible that...
- Shakira in Joy Online
I used to wear a cap and a big backpack,Shakira explained. "I looked like a boy. I didn't get recognized."