babylonia : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an ancient kingdom in southern Mesopotamia; Babylonia conquered Israel in the 6th century BC and exiled the Jews to Babylon (where Daniel became a counselor to the king)
News & Articles
- ‘Rav Hisda’ author to share story of Babylonian magic
Jewish magic “is a really hot topic,” according to Maggie Anton, author of “Rav Hisda’s Daughter,” and an upcoming speaker at 7 p.m. Oct. 22 at Congregation Kneseth Israel in Elgin. While the story is set in third-century Babylonia, its themes of religious tradition, independence and love are relevant for today’s women, she said in an interview. The trilogy is Anton’s second and is the result of ...
Oct. 10, 2013 - The Courier News
- Author Maggie Anton to speak at Beth Judea
The Sisterhood of Congregation Beth Judea will welcome author Maggie Anton on Oct. 23 for a discussion of her books "Rav Hisda's Daughter: Book 1-Apprentice, Love, Talmud and Sorcery in Third Century Babylonia" and "Rashi's Daughter."
Oct. 7, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Betsy Bryan in WebWire (press release)
Tiy was so powerful that, as a widow, she was the recipient of foreign diplomatic letters sent to her from the king of Babylonia in hopes that she would intercede with her son on behalf of the foreign interestsBryan said. "Some...
- Bill Viola in Los Angeles Times
("It's practically a principle of art," says Viola, "how you can stand before something, the lowly object or the grand, or a utensil from Babylonia, and it touches you."